SEO In A Nutshell: 7 Facts You Need To Know

SEO In A Nutshell: 7 Facts You Need To Know

Before pursuing something, a lot of people question themselves about the decisions they make. Most of those questions entail how important this venture is, and a lot of people that get into SEO often get torn between facts and opinions. Some say these are rumors and continue their preparation (check it out) for Google’s new update. Others claim keywords no longer hold a candle to more up-to-date methods, such as social media marketing or paid ads.

Whichever camp you find yourself in, anchor yourself with factual information about SEO instead of taking other people’s word at face value. Here is just part of the basic facts you need to learn about what Search Engine Optimization really is.

1.Content Is King

SEO, contrary to what many pursuers and veterans alike think, is beyond just putting a bunch of keywords for Google to acknowledge. Search Engine Optimization is based on what many businesses, bloggers, and content creators think is too clich√©: quality content. Many assume writing up a blog with some top-ranked keywords mixed in is what brings your business to success. What they don’t know is that SEO is merely the gateway, not the whole city.

What SEO offers is traffic to your website. What you do with that influx of visitors/potential consumers lie solely on the quality content you dish out. If you have poorly written blogs, misinformative articles, vague details about your products and services, and a significant lack of contact details, the failure isn’t due to the method but on you.

  1. SEO Keywords Are Based And Collected For One Search Engine: Google

Each industry has one or two companies they consider as Giants. In this industry, the sole giant is named Google, a name most of the global population is familiar with. Google holds more than 80% of the searches made globally, leaving 20% to Yahoo!, Bing, and Baidu. It is natural for SEO companies, then, to base their keywords and other essential information on Google’s rules, algorithm, and updates.

  1. Consider Hyperlinking More Than Often

A lot of people think placing links other than their own will cause visitors to click away from their page and thus lose visitors and potential consumers. However, this is far from the truth, as Hyperlinking non-commercial and educational sites not only offer visibility to your website but also amp up your blog/Website’s credibility.

However, this means your hyperlinks should be well-placed and well-done. There are several types of hyperlinks, but the anchored link seems to be the most effective in a lot of blogs. However, bloggers and copywriters alike would advise you to use other types of links as well, only to create diversity in your content.

  1. How Fast Your Website Loads Up Is A Critical Element

Although a great, professional aesthetic needs to pair up with well-placed, well-chosen keywords in your website, there’s still one more thing you should consider (that can pose a big problem) in the long run. That’s how fast your page or website loads up when visitors try to enter it, sometimes called Page speed. This element can make or break your SEO, as having a low page speed can deter potential consumers from interacting with you.

What’s worse about having this problem is that first-time visitors almost never come back to try your website a second time. In fact, many remember your website URL and make it a point to avoid clicking your link solely to avoid the hassle of waiting.

  1. Keywords Are Crucial

Yes, we’re away; we said keywords are just as close to useless if you utilize them poorly. However, when handled the opposite, organic search becomes the main reason your website is gaining traffic. Many companies encourage you to utilize local SEO before International, as both of them use very different keywords.

  1. Title Your Pages Well

Great content can make visitors stay on your website, but a good title will make them consider reading your wall of text in the first place. Therefore, be clever and witty in naming your pages and articles for visitors to consider spending time reading what you have to say.

  1. Build Trust Around You

Building trust with Google by dishing out quality content, using well-placed keywords, making up catchy titles, and presenting a neat website template will pay off in the long run. Building trust with your readers, visitors, and current consumers by maintaining this practice will ensure you won’t end up with a dead site.

Related Posts